CoolTech-Trio System includes:
CoolTech-Surface Prep: designed to clean oils, dirt, biologicals and other surface contaminants prior to the initial coat.
CoolTech-Rust Prep: designed to dissolve the toughest metal oxide crust by hand.
Spray application followed by high pressure wash to remove residual rust and rust stains. Pressure washing with 3000-3500 psi will remove either of the Preps and leave no film prior to coating. Both are designed to work specifically with our CoolTech Coatings. Surface and seams must be dry prior to coating. Coverage of the Preps is generally 300 ft2 per gallon depending on rust concentration.
CoolTech-Seam & Crack Filler: used to seal and fill metal gaps or cracks typical of severely aged or damaged roofing. The Seam & Crack Filler can be brushed onto tightened screw heads, taped seams, badly cracked asphalt patches and metal flashing used to blend gutters or parapet walls with the roofing structure. Coverage is generally 50 ft2 or ~300 screw heads or metal fasteners per gallon.
CoolTech-Top Coat: the elastomeric coating applied by brush or spray forms a seamless waterproofing barrier that tenaciously binds to metal roofing and penetrations prepared with either the Surface Prep or Rust Prep pre-treatments. The reflective white Top Coat seals the roofing surface from weather related damages and substantially reduces up to 30% of energy costs by reflecting 85% of the solar radiation.
Lowering the roof temperatures of up to 90 °F will significantly extend roof life and reduce aging effects from solar radiation. The elastomeric nature of CoolTech-Top Coat protects the roof from thermal related expansion, weather or wind damage. A touch-up brush coat can be re-applied later to new or replacement roofing penetrations and perfectly bond to previously applied CoolTech -Top Coat. Coverage is generally 50 ft2 per gallon applied in 2 coats to provide a 18-22 mil dry film thickness.
CoolTech Coating’s adhesion and elastomeric properties enable long term performance of the coated metal surfaces.
CoolTech-Spray Urethane Foam
CoolTech-Spray Urethane Foam roofing system:
- CoolTech-Spray Urethane Foam is a cost effective way to repair and insulate badly deteriorated roofing. Spray directly over roofing to streamline the repair process without the costs of removing and disposing old roofing materials. CoolTech-Spray Urethane Foam can be sprayed over most any roofing construction to repair and significantly reduce energy cooling or heating costs.
- CoolTech-Top Coat is also designed to protect the CoolTech-Spray Urethane Foam from Solar degradation. Most urethane foams chemically start to degrade from UV exposure within days of application. Protecting with a coating of CoolTech-Top Coat provides several benefits. It reflects >80% of the solar radiation to reduce direct solar heat and enhances the energy performance of the urethane foam. The elastomeric performance of the coating also protects from weather related damage and occasional damage due to birds or insects.
Additional CoolTech Coating Products:
- CoolTech-Clear Seal is a water white clear sealer designed to seal old brick, concrete or other ceramic based materials. Clear Seal can be pigmented to enhance the visual appearance of the brick or ceramic while protecting the brick from weather and solar aging.
- CoolTech-Prime Coat is a high solids base coat designed to enhance adhesion to difficult substrates like aged rubber, EPDM, rolled-out membranes and other surfaces requiring greater adhesive properties.
- CoolTech-Adhesion Enhancer is a base coat designed for both preventing bituminous bleed through and adhesion to extremely damaged or deteriorated roofing structures.
Product and MSDS Sheets:
(downloadable documents coming soon!)
CoolTech-Rust Prep (Product MSDS)
CoolTech-Surface Prep (Product MSDS)
CoolTech-Top Coat (Product MSDS)
CoolTech-Seam & Crack Filler (Product MSDS)
CoolTech-Clear Seal (Product MSDS)
CoolTech-Prime Coat (Product MSDS)
CoolTech-Spray Polyurethane Foam (Product MSDS)
Preparation and Application Suggestions:
Surface Prep used to clean grease, oil, dirt, mold, mildew and rust from the substrate surface. CoolTech-Surface Prep solution is mixed with the pressure washer reservoir at a 15:1 ratio. Higher concentrations can be used for tough stains and film. Re-wash with water may be needed to provide a final rinse.
Rust Prep used for heavy rust or iron oxide crust removal. Severe rust patches may require direct application with a hand pump and 30 minute soak. Followed by 15:1 dilution of Rust Prep in the pressure washer to remove the oxide crust and expose metal grain. Re-wash with water may be needed to clean surface.
CoolTech-Seam & Crack Filler is applied on tightened metal screws or fasteners to form an elastomeric seal to protect the screw from rusting or backing out of the metal. This elastomeric coating provides a protective seal over the screw head that is chemically bonded to the CoolTech-Top Coat.
Spray Equipment– typical 3,000 psi commercial airless spray system using tips from 0.033” to 0.045” depending on spray rates required. Hoses 3/8” for up to 100’ distance and 1/2’” for distances of 200’. Greater distances need to follow equipment manufacturer’s recommendations.
Frustrated in finding a reputable HVAC contractor in Oakville, Ontario? Visit http://bulldogheating.com/ontario/hvac-oakville.